The primary function of this role is to lead the implementation of the company software projects for specific clients. This includes liaising with the client at all stages of the project life-cycle, developing a good working relationship with the client and being responsible for effective and timely communication with both the client and your colleagues within clearly defined governance structures. You will deliver projects to the agreed requirements, timescales and budget, displaying the highest level of professional standards at all times when dealing with clients.
This is not a technical role although any technical experience you have will be helpful. You will, however, be required to develop a thorough understanding of the functionality of the software we use.
- Ensure that clearly defined objectives and success criteria have been agreed with the customer, that they are communicated across the project team and met during project delivery.
- Establish the structures, relationships, processes and job roles and responsibilities that ensure the project has the right level of governance to achieve its objectives.
- Develop a robust project plan based on accurate estimates with the right stakeholders and identify and manage intra-project dependencies.
- Monitor and control Requirements, Scope, Resources, Cost, Time, Risk and Quality against the plan.
- Robustly manage change through engaging with all appropriate parties and negotiate with the customer to achieve their project objectives and maximise business opportunity.
- Protect margin through accurate resource and financial estimates and a tightly managed budget on both Time and Materials and Fixed Priced Projects.
- Implement risk and issue management processes and engage stakeholders to ensure a comprehensive view. Actively manage and escalate in a timely manner.
- Deliver timely, accurate, and comprehensive progress reports to provide full project visibility to the Executive Sponsor, Project Board and Customer Lead and organise regular project reviews and ensure that lessons are learned, and the necessary changes made in the way the project is delivered to aid continual improvement.
- Manage resources effectively and efficiently. Identify the optimal resource requirements set against business needs and project plan. Ensure the right balance of skills and capabilities to achieve objectives.
- Build and manage relationships and dependencies across the project team, the client, partners, and suppliers.
- Create a trusting project team environment where there is open communication, the team is clear on their individual and collective responsibilities and are fully engaged and supported as necessary.
- Ensure knowledge and lessons learned are captured, shared, and implemented.
- Manage and oversee all testing activities ensuring that the solution is fit for purpose and meets the client’s requirements.
- Provide suitable and effective cover for other projects during periods of Annual Leave
What are we looking for in a successful candidate
- 3-5 years experience of managing or supporting the management of projects through the full project lifecycle with internal and/or external clients.
- Good understanding of project management methodologies, governance procedures and the software development lifecycle.
- A track record of consistently delivering on time, on budget, and to high quality.
- Ability to communicate effectively externally and internally at all levels.
- Strong influencing and negotiating skills, ensuring consistent messaging.
- Ability to adapt communication, engagement, and leadership approach to the audience.
- Ability to work effectively independently and as part of a team.
- Ability to plan and manage a complex workload and meet deadlines.
- Excellent problem-solving and decision-making skills.
- Excellent attention to detail.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Windows, Microsoft Office (including Outlook), Microsoft Project and Microsoft Excel.
- A passion for technology
- Accreditation in widely used project management methodologies such PRINCE2, Waterfall, Agile, PMP, etc.
- A background in systems design, development, and implementation.
- Experience of managing staff.